Rail Reliability Consultancy services are looking for highly trained experienced Rolling stock senior technicians in the South of England, mainly covering London and greater London. Very competitive rates of pay. The candidate will need to hold the required capability to work on multiple rolling stock. The candidate will be required to pass a competency interview and show excellent initiative and self-drive. You will be required to undertake mechanical and electrical maintenance, detailed fault finding, rectification, general maintenance, and fleet modifications
|Job Title||Rolling Stock Senior Technician|
|Contract Type/Length||24 Months|
- You will be accountable for: Providing train systems technical advice for the vehicle as a whole and for the key vehicle sub systems such as the train monitoring system, Propulsion, auxiliaries, brakes, doors, on train communications, HVAC etc.
- You will be accountable for: Optimisation of the maintenance of the units balanced examinations.
- You will be accountable for: Root cause investigations and rectification.
- You will be accountable for: Assisting the OEM or train operating companies engineering departments with the updates of maintenance instructions, overhaul instructions process and procedures to optimise maintenance.
- You will be accountable for: Downloading and analysing train data from on board data recorders using laptops.
- You will be accountable for: Running diagnostic software to identify faults within various train systems i.e. pneumatics, hydraulics, train management systems and on board computers.
- You will be accountable for: System software updates as required.
- You will be accountable for: Installation and commissioning of fleet modifications.
- You will be accountable for: Contributing to health and safety on a daily basis.
- You will be accountable for: Strong report writing skills.
Essential / Desirable Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum qualification required: NVQ level 3 in an electrical discipline.
- Experience within the railway.
- Have sufficient and rounded knowledge of all Rolling Stock systems.
- Experience of electrical fault finding.
- Experience of electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Trouble shooting and evidence gathering.
- Use of laptops and diagnostic tools to determine faults.
- Ability to work from maintenance manuals and schematics.
- Good knowledge of typical Rolling Stock diagnostic software packages/engineering software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to author, present and review high quality technical documentation.
- Advanced level apprenticeship certified by the Engineering Training Authority.
Rail Reliability and the client recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
To Apply for this role, please email Human.Resources@railreliability.com quoting the Vacancy Ref. Please ensure a CV and cover letter is attached.